Learn WordPress – Start to Finish (June 2020)
17,Wed Jun 2020
Venture House Business Centre , Stratford-upon-Avon
WordPress is the leading content management system and will really help you to build a website that your business deserves.
The amazing selection of features, options and benefits that attracted businesses of all sizes to WordPress include:
- Versatile Flexibility with Limitless Customization Options
- Endless Expansion/Growth Possibilities
- Easy to learn, easy to use & easy to maintain
- WordPress Community Support is second to none
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) & Google Ranking Friendly
- Do-it-Yourself Cost Effectiveness
- Simple yet powerful
I will show you how to:
- Understand your domain name and hosting to get WordPress up and running
- Choose a theme that will give you the right tools to make a great website
- Customise your theme to make it reflect your branding, colours and typography
- Install plugins to add new functionality and take your website to the next level
- And a whole lot more…
Throughout the day we will be covering security and administration principals to make sure your are minimising the risk of the “bad guys” getting in.
Beginning with initial introductions around the room, during the first session we will move onto a "Welcome to WordPress" overview of the software and how this interacts with your domain name and hosting.
After we have stopped for some refreshments and caught our breath, we will be back to have a look at themes and how these can completely change your website.
With the included buffet lunch out of the way, it's time to get your hands dirty when we all login to our demo site, you can build your confidence with WordPress to publish your first page and blog post.
Now that you are finding your way around, to finish the day we will be looking at plugins that will help you get WordPress do what you need for your business.
What level is this workshop aimed at?
This workshop is for beginners to intermediate. It is also great for any business owners that may have had a website built by a designer but now wish to manage it themselves.
Will I be working on my own website?
We can use your website for guidance, but I setup a test/demo website that all attendees can log into so that it doesn't matter if we publish any mistakes. You won't hurt your brand.
Are refreshments included?
Yes, we will be stopping for a coffee break during the morning and afternoon.
Is lunch included?
Yes, we include a buffet lunch to keep you going through the day.